Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child | Adoption Gifts, Adoption Books
[Back Cover Excerpt]
Your internationally adopted child has different needs.
So demonstrates Patty Cogen, who for the past decade has studied the adjustment and development of internationally adopted children and advised their often-mystified adoptive parents. In Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child, Dr. Cogen explains how and why to:
- help a child cope with grief over the loss of everything and everyone familiar
- tell the child's adoption story from the child's rather than the parents' point of view;
- understand the ways in which a child's development may begin at adoption
- handle sleeptime, mealtime, and discipline problems;
- foster identity and independence in pre-teens and teens;
and so much more. With advice on language and school difficulties and the development of self control and independence, Cogen guides adoptive parents from preparations fro a child's arrival all the way through the teen years.
AdoptionGifts is a service provided by the biggest online adoption platform in the world. Its vast selection of adoption merchandise, relevant for hopeful adoptive families, adoptive families, birth families, adoptees and their loved ones, makes it a valuable resource for anyone touched by adoption.
We Also Recommend
Adopting in America: How to Adopt Within One Year (Randall B. Hicks) | Adoption Gifts, Adoption Books
Tandem: A Devotional for Adopting with God in the Lead (Alison England) | Adoption Gifts, Adoption Books
Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families (Natalie Nichols Gillespie) | Adoption Gifts, Adoption Books
In On It: What Adoptive Parents Would Like You to Know About Adoption (Elisabeth O'Toole) | Adoption Gifts, Adoption Books